Page 1 of 11Bylaws Committee Members : Sinasi Bilsel (Committee Chair), Sermet Akbay, Catherine Day, Erhan Ercan, Gönul Ertem, Mazlum Kosma, Ozgur Kurç, Acar Nazli, Orhan Yenihayat
TURKISH AMERICAN CULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF GEORGIA BYLAWS
ARTICLE I. NAME AND PURPOSE
Section I. The name of this civic, domestic non-profit organization is the TURKISH AMERICAN CULTURAL ASSOCIATION OF GEORGIA. It was organized under the laws of the State of Georgia and was granted a charter on August 1, 1977 with Entity Control Number H706643 by the Georgia Secretary of State. In these bylaws it may be referred to as the Association or TACAGA.
Section II. The purpose of TACAGA is to operate as a volunteer-based organization
1. To spread general knowledge of Turkey’s language, history, culture, art, political, economic and social way of life
2. To strengthen relations between the U.S. and Turkey
3. To promote public understanding and fair treatment of issues concerning Turkish Americans
4. To pursue the interests of Turkish Americans and friends of Turkey
Section III. In order to achieve its objectives, the Association:
1. Shall organize conferences, seminars, lectures, language classes, gatherings, picnics, parties, music programs and other similar educational and cultural events
2. Shall publish and distribute periodicals to the membership
Address: TACA P.O. Box 190013, Atlanta GA 30119-0013
3. Shall cooperate with similar associations, corporations and organizations established in other states of the U.S.A and in Turkey
4. Shall organize celebrations of Turkish national and religious holidays
5. Can acquire real estate through donations or purchases; can assign others for relevant plans and projects; can establish trusts and their rules for the administration of such assets.